Friday, August 12, 2011

Have Hair, Will Travel

Nicholas the day he was born sporting the expression he wears nearly every hour of every day.
I'm a fraction of an inch from pulling my hair out. Nicholas has done nothing but what he's not supposed to do since he turned 1. He's into absolutely everything. If I get on him for something he's right back at it a second later. I'm at my wits end. I've tried everything from time outs to spanking and nothing works. He just looks at me an laughs every single time. My parents and Justin's parents seem to have this mentality that Nicholas is a perfect little angel and they tell me that I'm being too hard on him. Of course, they don't spend 24/7 with him, however since he's turned 1 I have noticed that not a single one of them has offered to watch him nearly as much as they used to. I love Nicholas, quite a bit, but his behaviour is starting to turn my attitude toward him sour. I don't know what to do.

3 comments:

KY Miss Priss said...

((i found time to follow you back! yay!))

To the point though, 1 of my boys is also named Nicholas, and he's just over 2 and he also seems to be the spawn of Satan too. He's mean, and bad, pushes, kicks, hits, spits... he's just awful. My mom said my brother was that way too and that they do grow out of it as long as you're at least TRYING to teach him right from wrong, which it sounds like you are. Keep ur head up! I think we could both use it lol

ChicFitMommy said...

Hi,

Yes I have a 2yr old and he's been a handful since
he started walking (a week after his 1st birthday) and yes, he drives me nuts, but I calm myself down (think deep breathing and mini pep talks lol). They are simply at that stage of exploring and testing limits and that's perfectly ok. It's harder for us because we have to watch them every second of everyday but then again that's motherhood. Hang in there and next time he drives you nuts just think of being greatful that he's healthy and remember all the cute times:) They get me thru sometimes;)

Unknown said...

((hug)) I think you need a few of those first and formost.

I really don't have anything to add beyond what the others have added. It is tough - and when you are the one in the moment, it is harder for others to understand. But remember: and this too shall pass. :-) (easier said than done, I know)

I wish you luck - and if you ever need to vent - feel free :-D

BTW - I did hop over here b/c you visited my blog (thank you) I am getting you all followed back.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com